Do attractive covers influence you when you’re book browsing?
The good folk at the Australian Book Design Awards 2017 think so. Each year for the past 65 years, they have celebrated
the bravest and brightest, the most original and beautiful books published in Australia.
This year’s winners include:
- Darren Holt for the Best Designed Commercial Fiction Book – Red Herring by Jonathan Cullinane (Harper Collins).
- Sandy Cull for the Best Designed Literary Fiction Book – The Museum of Modern Love by Heather Rose (A&U).
- Mary Callahan for the Best Designed Nonfiction Book – The Art of Reading by Damon Young (MUP).
- Sandy Cull for the Best Designed Series – Wisdom Tree books by Nick Earls (Inkerman & Blunt).
- Bruno Herfst & Marc Martin for Best Designed Children’s Illustrated Book – Lots by Marc Martin (Viking).
- Amy Daoud for Best Designed Children’s Fiction Book – Magrit by Lee Battersby (Walker).
- Allison Colpoys for Best Designed Young Adult Book – Girl in Pieces by Kathleen Glasgow (Harper Collins).
- Allison Colpoys for Best Designed Children’s/YA Series – Word by Word series -various authors (Little Hare).
- Daniel New for Best Designed Fully Illustrated Book Under RRP $50 – Grown and Gathered by Matt and Lentil Pubrick (Plum).
- Allison Colpoys & Kasia Gadecki for Best Designed Cookbook – Florentine by Emiko Davies (Hardie Grant).
Which cover is your favourite?