Our top twelve bestselling books in Balmain for 2016 included eight titles by Australian authors. It’s wonderful to see our home grown authors being so widely read and appreciated.
Our number one bestseller for 2016, outselling even J. K. Rowling, was local author John Thomson with his self-published book! Obviously Jack’s stories about growing up in Balmain have struck a chord with the entire peninsula and we’re delighted by his continuing success.
For more information about Jack’s Story read our earlier post here.
Elena Ferrante’s My Brilliant Friend continued to be a favourite throughout the year and our younger readers showed us that they still love an entertaining series with their enthusiastic demand for the sixth Treehouse book and the 11th Wimpy Kid.
Balmain’s history lovers and ABC 702 listeners showed their strong support by snapping up Richard Fidler’s fascinating excursion into Byzantium history, Ghost Empire.
Staff favourites were also your favourites with the likes of The Last Painting of Sara de Vos, Truly Madly Guilty, All the Light We Cannot See, The Good People, The Natural Way of Things and Salt Creek making an appearance.
- Jack’s Story: Growing Up in Balmain by John Thomson
- Harry Potter and the Cursed Child by J. K. Rowling, John Tiffany & Jack Thorne
- My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante
- The 78 Storey Treehouse by Andy Griffiths & Terry Denton
- All the Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr
- The Last Painting of Sara de Vos by Dominic Smith
- Truly Madly Guilty by Liane Moriarty
- Diary of a Wimpy Kid #11 Double Down by Jeff Kinney
- Ghost Empire by Richard Fidler
- Salt Creek by Lucy Treloar
- The Good People by Hannah Kent
- The Natural Way of Things by Charlotte Wood.
Another wonderful year of reading behind us; another exciting year ahead.
What was your favourite read for 2016?